[fpc-pascal]Re: working with bitmaps

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Mon Oct 20 17:44:23 CEST 2003

Hi!

So what is the actual status for handling images *now*?

*  How do I load a JPEG image into memory (uncompressed, of course, and in a
   usable format, i.e. separated into RGB layers or CMYK layers)?

*  How do I write a JPEG back to a file (with a selectable compression)?

I do not talk about displaying, I only talk about moving images between file
and memory in a reliable and EASY way.

This is basically all I am searching for since a lot of months. But this must
work with FPC 1.0.4, too, because this is the last one which runs out of the
box on old SuSE 5.2 systems.

A compiling and working code sample would be great.

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Pavel Kanzelsberger wrote:
| I succeed to compile pasjpeg with -dWindows compiler option in Linux and
| few changes in sources :)
|
| Pavel Kanzelsberger

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch

--
|      \\|//              Ing. Rainer HANTSCH  -  Hardware + Software |