[fpc-pascal]FPC Debugging (with SQLite)

Matt Emson memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Tue Jul 8 11:00:09 CEST 2003

> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 03:26:41PM +0100, Matt Emson wrote:
>
> Now I'm following you. Yes I'm aware that Eric did not actually develop
> this unit, one of his (people) did. His/Her/It's name is unknown to me.
> ;)

Um... well, AFAIK Eric did write the PASCAL unit, but some other person
ported the C code that makes up the SQLite library to BeOS. The two acts are
quite seperate.

Anyway....

Strings.pas is legacy, from TurboPascal days, where as the modern 'SysUtils'
is a unit that contains almost all of the utility functions that exist. I'd
much rather use a single unit and let the compiler strip the unwanted
symbols rather than have to include 5+ units to cover String, integer,
variant etc functionality. Maybe that's just me though <g>

Matt