[fpc-pascal]autodoc generation

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Sep 10 15:44:41 CEST 2002

Carl Eric Codere wrote:

>>What modifications have you done to the original code?
>>

> The most important changes are :
> - paragraph support, if text is separated by an empty line,
>   it will create a paragraph in the output text.

This is a good one.

> - types are now parsed and written (e.g variables, constants and fields
>   now have also their types in the final output)

I'm not sure what you mean here. I thought these were already parsed.

> - @param() for declaring parameters of routines in text.

Nice.

> - An option has been added to only parse comments starting with @ characters
>   (by default this options is off to be backward compatible).

Again very useful. I avoided this by moving all of the documentation out
of the source code completely. Let me rephrase that. It first pulls from
the source code but if there is content located in the database for that
object it takes precedent.

> The other stuff is mainly bugfixes, but there is one important difference.
> i started from a web version modified by someone on the web (which was in
> turned based on 0.6.20). I don't know which version was the more stable,
> but the version i used had several bugs i needed to fix.

OK this might be one major difference. I am working from a 0.6.21
version. Why don't you have that version you ask. Because it was a
version that Marco and I were working on and I think I am the only one
that got a copy of it. It was never posted to the site. It does alot
more with using external files, dealing with include files, and a few
other things. It was something he modified for me for Lazarus needs.

I will checkout your current version of pasdoc and  compare it to what I
have and see about merging my changed into your code. I doubt it will be
that difficult. I'll let you know how it goes.