[fpc-pascal]GIF 87a/89a

memsom at interalpha.co.uk memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Tue Nov 19 16:35:11 CET 2002

> If The game could load ALL images at the start (true for a space invader),
> there is not so much problem. But in the case of a very large 3D environment
> where textures are loaded as needed, it could be OK if LoadOfCompressedImage
> + TimeToDecompress <= LoadOfUncompressedImage.

This may be a good time to mention SDL. There is a Jedi port of it to Pascal. I
used to work with Domonique Louis the guy who did the Windows side, and iirc he
wanted to improve support FPC. That was 6 months ago, so I assume things may
have moved on a tad by now. The URL to his site is
http://www.savagesoftware.com.au/DelphiGamer/indexf.php
There is good genearl gaming stuff there.

And looking at his site, it seems there is an SDL download for FPC at:
http://www.grulic.org.ar/~dmoisset/files/SDL4Freepascal-1.2.0.0.tar.gz

Hope than helps you some. SDL is a far better solution.

Matt

This message was sent using Mistral WebMail.
http://www.mistral.co.uk/