[fpc-pascal]Shared Libs

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Mar 1 09:52:34 CET 2001

Ok, I have read the docs/Makefiles.. and I can't get a definitive answer..
soooo...
Can you make a shared rtl yet?
ie libfpc.so
that all my programs can dynamicly link against ?
I tried doing a make_shared in the rtl dir, but it gives me an io error 101
with PPU-Mover 0.99.7

The other question..
I have this great script that I can feed the names of all my executables
and it strips glibc down to only the required routines needed for those
executables..
Can I do the same with libfpc.so (if I can even create it)

I'm using this in an embeded type environment with very limited disk space
so I can strip glibc2.1 down to 440k from 800k to save space..
It would be nice to be able to do the same thing with the fpc shared lib.
If I can use it at all that is..

--
Brad....
                   /"\