[fpc-pascal]HELP: how to port/recreate the WIN.TPU in a LINUX envirorment!

Stefan Becker becker at lufa-sp.vdlufa.de
Mon Feb 26 11:25:11 CET 2001

Hello,
I am trying to move a number of my applications to freepascal and would need
some advise as how to implement a UNIT that can create/save/restore windows
frames.

In the past I have used Borlands WIN.TPU unit for DOS to make Windows frames
and
restore the old DOS windows.

Is there a library function that does the same for a terminal window in
Linux?
The YaST installer for SuSe uses just the kind of "Window" overlaying that I
would like to use.

Can someone point me to some package or document for doing this.

Worst_Case: is there a function call to "Get" the charater at a specific
            display position from a linux terminal?

Thx and
my regards,
Stefan