[fpc-pascal](no subject)

Full_Name memsom at post.interalpha.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 11:17:29 CEST 2001

Quoting Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl>:

> The focus is now on stabilising the current dialect which is nearly D6
> compatible for 1.2.

Excellent. I've misunderstood what Florian originally meant. If you look at the
standard he mentioned, there are *many* bizzare and undesirable features
included in it.

In Delphi compatibility mode, the Fields vs Methods and Properties placement is
important. Most of the rest of this argument came from the fact that Florian
implied that you would be implementing the whole of this standard. Including
therefore, multiple inheritence, abstract classes, property classes, etc. None
of which are called for.

> If that isn't going fast enough; we are eagerly
> awaiting your patches/bugreports/code.

Touché, mi amigo. However, I'm currently too busy on the BeOS port.. more
specifically the BeAPI wrapper. I got a copy of R4.5 of BeOS from a friend
today (he sent me the original CD, as if in disgust that Be Inc have sold their
IP's), so hopefully R4.5 support will now be possible.

If I do get any time, I'll take a look. I doubt it will be any time soon. I'll
d/l the code today. The network here ground to a near halt yesterday, so I
couldn't get the stuff down.

Matt