[fpc-pascal](no subject)

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Tue Aug 21 09:24:56 CEST 2001

On maandag, augustus 20, 2001, at 06:49 , Full_Name wrote:

>> So i don't see what you mean with not trying to follow delphi
>> standards,
>> we've the delphi mode for compiling delphi programs.
>
> You have too many modes. A TP/BP, a Delphi is all you really need.

I think you mean that it is all *you* need. There are plenty of people
who use other modes (most notably, we do so ourselves in most of the
RTL). And while you may think the way FPC handles certain things is
ugly, I feel the same about other things in Delphi, TP, e.g. procvars.
Imho

var
   p: procedure;
  p1: pointer;

begin
  p1 := @@p;
end.

is completely ridiculous code... And it makes a statement such as
"p1 := @p" impossible to understand, unless you know whether p is a
"normal" variable or a procvar.

Jonas