[fpc-pascal]Re: [fpc-pascal]Re: [fpc-pascal]FPC using source code from Delphi's units - Kylix

Jeff Wormsley daworm9 at home.com
Fri Aug 3 00:23:17 CEST 2001

On 8/2/2001 at 11:09 PM Matt Emson wrote:

>Today I was running the 4th day in the Borland Delphi Foundations cource
>(that's the official Borland course..) and one of my students insisted on
>using Program Reset repeatedly. The individiual in question ignored me, and
>promptly killed the BDE - running with a local Interbase Server. I rest my
>case  ;-)

Perhaps I am fortunate...  I never use the BDE, instead using Extended Systems Advantage Local tables.  Program Reset never kills the IDE for me.

>The worst case
>scenario (and one that only happens rarely) is when Delphi loses contact
>with the app it's debugging.. that can take Windows 9x with it. Thankfully
>NT/200 usually survives.

I can make this happen without Program Reset fairly easily.  Heck, just calling up a help screen in a program running under D5 can do it (the dreaded unwanted CPU window bit; do it two or three times, and blammo).

Jeff.