[fpc-pascal]Debuging in Freepascal

Pierre Muller pierre at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 25 17:04:23 CEST 2000

At 14:41 25/09/00 , vous avez écrit:
>Hello,
>
>i have got some problems to find an error in my program.
>The error occurs after serveral hours of normal working .
>How can i find the place in my program  where the error could be ?
>I have compiled the program with the -gl switch but i got no output.I
>used the redir.exe for redireting the output because i am working in
>vesa graphic mode (graphix).
>The error is an Page fault always at the same address:
>Page fault Cr2 = 10065e7c in RMCB at eip = 20e2.
This usually means that a real interrupt is redirected into protected code
by the program.
If this is a hardware interrupt, all code and data must be locked
and a special selector must be used instead on the usual one.
(see api/go32v2/mouse.inc for an example)

The problem is that this kind of error is only visible in true Dos,
because under Win9X  the page fault never occurs and the system
loads the page into memory if it was not locked and is needed.