[fpc-devel] Questions regarding m68k-atari target

Karoly Balogh charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Sat Jan 29 14:55:30 CET 2022

Hi,

On Sat, 29 Jan 2022, Thorsten Otto via fpc-devel wrote:

>> Again, this isn't a generic problem, but Atari specific.
>
> Yes, but theoretically, win32 should have the same problem. As far as
> i've seen, ReadFile() is used there. but fpc_readln_end() tries to read
> until it encounters a LF, and pressing return only gives a CR, not a
> CR/LF sequence.

Yes, but changing this is not trivial in platform independent code,
because it would also affect text files reading from the disk, where
clearly CRLF is used.

Maybe Sven or someone can say more about the Windows analogy, I'm not
familiar there. Also then I don't understand why it still works and
returns after pressing it 3 times.

Charlie