[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Mon May 29 17:05:58 CEST 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 04:59:16PM +0200, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:
> Did a last attempt, and bingo. :)

Awesome \o/.

> make all OPTS="-ao-32 -Fo/usr/lib32 -Fl/usr/lib32"
>
> Then everything builds, including the FP IDE, and all tools as expected.
>
> Plus you need to fix the Makefile.fpc in rtl/linux to include -32 for
> SPARC, and regenerate it using fpcmake -Tall. Then everything works. Maybe
> it's also possible to just add ASTARGET=-32 into the make command line,
> without patching the Makefile. But I did not try this.
>
> Can you try if you can reproduce this?

Sure. Can you put the cross-compiled ppcsparc somewhere so I can find
and use it?

> Now, how to package this, or what to commit as fix in trunk/fixes branch,
> is another question. :)

Well, all the -32 options should definitely go into trunk. Upstream
doesn't support anything but 32 bits for SPARC anyway and after
looking at the rtl/linux/Makefile.fpc, you already do this for mips32.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org