[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon May 29 17:17:28 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> > Can you try if you can reproduce this?
>
> Sure. Can you put the cross-compiled ppcsparc somewhere so I can find
> and use it?

You don't need one. :) See my other mail. Although I did crosscompile a
new bootstrap compiler, in the end I did not need it.

> > Now, how to package this, or what to commit as fix in trunk/fixes branch,
> > is another question. :)
>
> Well, all the -32 options should definitely go into trunk. Upstream
> doesn't support anything but 32 bits for SPARC anyway and after
> looking at the rtl/linux/Makefile.fpc, you already do this for mips32.

I tend to agree in both. I still want to have the opinion of someone in
the FPC team who feels more like a sparc-linux guy than me.

(That means if there will be no response in 1-2 days, I will go ahead with
the changes in trunk. :P)

Charlie