[fpc-devel] Porting fpc to linux-sparc64

Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) charlie at scenergy.dfmk.hu
Mon May 29 16:59:16 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 29 May 2017, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) wrote:

> > However, these also seem to be installed in /usr/lib32... So build running
> > now, lets see what happens.
>
> Different error: ... :/ I would gladly keep working on this, but I kinda
> ran out of time for now, I can take a deeper look maybe tomorrow, or in
> the coming weeks. Sharing this, so meanwhile maybe someone has an idea?
>
> I'm sure i've seen this error before on other platforms, but I can't
> remember the solution. Something with the linker scripts vs. startup
> code vs. paths definitely.

Did a last attempt, and bingo. :)

make all OPTS="-ao-32 -Fo/usr/lib32 -Fl/usr/lib32"

Then everything builds, including the FP IDE, and all tools as expected.

Plus you need to fix the Makefile.fpc in rtl/linux to include -32 for
SPARC, and regenerate it using fpcmake -Tall. Then everything works. Maybe
it's also possible to just add ASTARGET=-32 into the make command line,
without patching the Makefile. But I did not try this.

Can you try if you can reproduce this?

Now, how to package this, or what to commit as fix in trunk/fixes branch,
is another question. :)

Charlie