[fpc-devel] Pascal Standard, and what we can do.

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 01:23:28 CEST 2015

On 7/23/2015 2:45 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 07/22/2015 11:21 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
>>
>> Declare before use has at least one technical advantage: it allows to
>> make much faster compliers. Declare before use allows to compile in
>> one pass, while compilers for languages like C need at least 2 passes.
>
> ???
>
> ANSI C is a  "Declare before use" language, too.

No, not really. You can happily use variables and have them
automatically assumed to be int, just as with any non-ANSI C compiler,
just  matter of  pragma warning to be set.
And you can define procedure/functions just about anywhere, with all the
disadvantages of a clear schema as in Pascal (like changing the
parameters in the .c file and forgetting to change the .h file).

Ralf

---