[fpc-devel] Pascal Standard, and what we can do.

Ralf Quint freedos.la at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 21:45:00 CEST 2015

On 7/22/2015 10:47 AM, Sven Barth wrote:
> > var A := SomeClassInstance.SomeFunction;
>
> While I agree that type inference /might/ be useful I don't agree with
> inline variable declarations. One of the main points of Pascal is
> declare before use.

+100

Things like this is just because people are trying to be lazy, not
because this does improve code (human readable or otherwise).
Someone who is trying to use a construct like the one mentioned above is
nothing but lazy, is not properly designing his/her software. And that
is against what Pascal should stand for.
Humans miss a lot of times a third hand, but this isn't likely to happen
that we grow one anytime soon. So get used to properly using what you
have...

Ralf

---