[fpc-devel] New FPC language/dialect MODE, Generics.Collections and new branch

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 20:09:02 CEST 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:03 PM, Maciej Izak <hnb.code at gmail.com> wrote:

> The world is looking for a new language. That is why we recently got
> Google's Go and Apple's Swift. I believe a modern and clean dialect of
> Object Pascal has a "leg-up" on both of these.

I'm newbie in pascal language, but I know for sure, that Open Source
community driven by "technical" ideas shouldn't copy commercial moves.
The fact that Google introduced Go and Apple introduced Swift, doesn't mean
that Java or Objective-C are bad/outdated languages/frameworks.

Also the fact that Google and Apple were able to inspire some interest to
the new languages, adding some extra money to promoting them. Yet, it
doesn't mean that FPC would be able to do the same.

thanks,
Dmitry