[fpc-devel] New FPC language/dialect MODE, Generics.Collections and new branch

Maciej Izak hnb.code at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 21:23:58 CEST 2015

> New modern Pascal dialect is subject of this topic.

Btw. More 2009-XE2 compatibility level is minimum (best times for Delphi
language when Barry Kelly was on the Embarcadero board). This is start
point, and solid base to introducing new important improvements (with small
exception for example for TValue from RTTI module - to perform best
performance on all platforms without hacks I need to finish small
MODESWITCH). Without this compatibility level I am not able to do many
syntax related to new mode. That is why I am working on Generics.* and
RTTI.pas and some low level patches for RTL/compiler.

Anyway during working on compiler if some language elements "oxygene
flavored" are not so complex and can be added "ad hoc", IMO they should be
added.

Providing compatible syntax with Delphi for versions later than XE2  is
worst thing that we can do ever (especially compatibility with NEXTGEN crap
compiler). When Barry Kelly left company, AFAIK somewhere after XE2 times
they hired NEW compiler team in Romania to cut costs...

Best regards
Maciej Izak