[fpc-devel] Re: Accepted fpc 2.6.2-1 (source amd64 all)

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 30 10:33:20 CEST 2013

In our previous episode, peter green said:
> I've sorted the armhf specific issue. As expected it just required some
> tweaking of ifdefs so that the code in question wasn't used when
> building the rtl with 2.6.0. After sorting that issue it failed with
> much the same linker problem with fpmake as other architectures.

After some discussion, something to try:

try adding -dNO_THREADING to CROSSOPT (for target) and maybe also to OPT
(for host)

It will disable threading inside fpmake by not USESing cthreads, eliminating
the need for cross-linking to work at all.

That being said, I don't like FPC simply silently dropping those
objectfiles.  That should be improved, please file a bug (but I think that
is more something long term for trunk, not 2.6.2)