[fpc-devel] Is target mips-embedded possible / planned?

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Mon May 13 22:48:19 CEST 2013

Am 13.05.13 20:36, schrieb Florian Klämpfl:
> Am 13.05.2013 20:07, schrieb Michael Ring:
>> OK, I got kind of bored last weekend and started to implement
>> mips-embedded target. The crosscompiler builds fine and already shows
>> the list of (not yet implemented) pic32mx controllers, I am now
>> searching through the code for places that I need to change.
>>
>> One thing that makes me wonder is how mips and mipsel defines are
>> related and when to use the 'mips' and when to use 'mipsel'.
> mips: mipsel and mipseb

Perhaps I was not clear enough, when doing defines for embedded in the
code should I use:

{$if defined(arm) or defined(avr) or defined(mips)}

or

{$if defined(arm) or defined(avr) or defined(mipsel)}

On Cortex-M0:

I received a J-Link Edu Probe today, it did not arrive in time before
the weekend, so that was the reason why I was bored and started with
mipsel-embedded ;-)

My guess is that the problems I had in debugging the Cortex-M0 Code were
caused by the (somehow braindead) LPC-Link Probe, I will test this week
if debugging works better with the J-Link probe.

Michael