[fpc-devel] Announcement: RTTI extension
paul.ishenin at gmail.com
Fri May 10 14:59:01 CEST 2013
Hello, FPC developers' list
Please note the following changes regards RTTI for some types:
1. RTTI for Pointers and Class References is now generated by compiler
with an ability to get a pointed type.
2. RTTI for AnsiStrings now allows to get an initial Code Page an
AnsiString type (it may be changes at any moment by SetCodePage()).
3. RTTI for arrays has been significantly changed and now is public.
Previosly RTTI for arrays was used only internally by RTL low level
4. RTTI for Procedural Variables now contains information about calling
convention, arguments and result type.
5. RTTI for Record managed fields has been adjusted to match internal
There were few motivations for these changes: user requests, RTL needs
(AnsiString CodePage) and Delphi compatibility (where that was possible
You can find an example of how to deal with this new RTTI and some more
information by the following link:
More information about the fpc-devel