[fpc-devel] Should the compiler work, if compiled with -Cr?

Bruce Tulloch pascal at causal.com
Sun May 5 05:47:12 CEST 2013

FWIW, I ran into this problem trying to use the RTL from the FPC 2.6.2
release branch when built with -Cr. Attached is a patch that works around
the problematic code (in sockets.inc).

It does not fix the underlying problem (type mismatch upon invocation of
ntohl() and friends) but it does allow the RTL to be built and used with
-Cr (without it, the RTL generates ERangeError).

I presume it's the intention that the RTL and packages build and run with
-Cr, right?

Cheers, Bruce.