[fpc-devel] Patch: Add support for armhf

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Mar 21 09:37:05 CET 2012

On 20 Mar 2012, at 23:43, peter green wrote:

> I attatch a patch which adds support for armhf to freepascal.

Thanks!

> Armhf reffers to arm with the VFP hardfloat variant of EABI.  The
> defaults are setup to
> be suitable for debian armhf (armv7 vfpv3_d16).

Are they Debian-specific? Adding distribution-specific settings to the
compiler is something that should be very much avoided.

Some other remarks:
* please split unrelated parts into separate patches (such as making
the internalerror in ninl.pas unique)
* please create bug reports for those individual patches and attach
them there, it makes them easier to track than on a mailing list
* some stylistic remarks (there may be more, I just quickly glanced
over the patch):

+     if ((target_info.abi=abi_eabi) or (target_info.abi=abi_eabihf))
and

-> change into an in-statement (and as mentioned before, please do not
put multiple if-conditions on the same line except if they are really
short like two boolean variables)

+  if target_info.abi = abi_eabihf then
def_system_macro('FPC_ABI_EABI');

-> Put the then-part on a separate line