[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 05:49:17 CET 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> Well, let me just say that the idea of two RTL's is rather ridiculous
> too!!

It's not different from Delphi, where the introduction of UnicodeString
required a renewed RTL, VCL and IDE. Who should do the same for FPC and
Lazarus, and tell the users that they either have to stay with an old
(frozen) Ansi release, or must upgrade all their code and component
libraries to the new strings, RTL and LCL? IMO a typical loose-loose
situation :-(

> Anyway, I can see where this thread is heading... just another waist of
> time. So I'll stop here.

Yeah

DoDi