[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Sun Dec 23 01:50:27 CET 2012

On 22/12/12 16:43, Marco van de Voort wrote:
> I think you have a wrong idea on what the core list contains.

LOL. And how is anybody supposed to know what goes on - it is a PRIVATE
mailing list.

> I don't think direction on unicode (or even general) came up since the last
> unicode discussions on fpc-devel/pascal.

OK, so once again it is proven that Unicode is just not "sexy" enough
for the core team, so it will stay stagnant for a few more years. That's
unless a member ignores all discussions and does his own thing [or gets
paid for the job]. As Florian likes to says so often, whoever implements
it decides. Unfortunately that courtesy is not extended to non-members,
because what good is a patch [of such magnitude and effort] with no
chance of ever being committed. So we are at the mercy of the FPC gods.

Many of use non-core developers have given our input with multiple
solutions, to try and help the private discussions along. But I guess
all of us are not knowledgeable enough people. What a nice F*** Y** to
the community.

Well, let me just say that the idea of two RTL's is rather ridiculous
too!! You guys keep bitching about not having enough developers, so how
on earth do you think you are going to be able to maintain developing
two RTL's, patching too RTL's when bugs are reported, inform the public
to remember to mention which RTL they are using when reporting bugs,
keeps those two RTL's in sync over time etc. Yeah, it seams you guys are
sometimes not to knowledgeable either. All you are going to do is create
more work for yourselves. But hey, who are we to state the obvious.

Anyway, I can see where this thread is heading... just another waist of
time. So I'll stop here.

Regards,
  - Graeme -