[fpc-devel] Forwarded message about FPC status

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Dec 22 17:43:10 CET 2012

> > Cutting out a whole lot of crap: as somebody very much on the periphery
> > of the project, I'm disappointed to see sentiments of this tenor being
> > aired in public.
>
> Mark, much of what happens with the FPC project seems to be done in
> secrecy, or a private "core only" mailing list. So it takes message
> threads like this to actually find out (for the rest of us) what is
> going on.
>
> It's an open-source project (not commercial), so I would have thought
> open discussions should be a given.

I think you have a wrong idea on what the core list contains. For 90% it is
technical internal discussion of the compiler devels, and of the rest a lot
is about new platforms/targets.

I don't think direction on unicode (or even general) came up since the last
unicode discussions on fpc-devel/pascal.