[fpc-devel] Errors with make rtl.chk on Windows

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 1 23:25:54 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>> Perhaps linux/sockets.pp should be replaced by win/sockets.pp?
>> Or should the Makefile supply the Linux/Unix include directories,
>> instead those of the current platform (Windows)?
>>

> The latter. The paths must be appended, but I already committed a fix for
> this (untested, though).

The patch fixes most problems :-)

Some duplicate include directories could be stripped from the command
line, but that's more a cosmetic change.

>> Also I don't understand the problem with dateutils.pp, options
>> -Fi../rtl/objpas -Fi../rtl/win -Fi../rtl/win32
>> because dateutil.inc is present in rtl/objpas.
>>
>> Can somebody explain what I should try to fix the include file errors?
>
> Just check out the latest version. I committed some fixes that should
> improve matters.

Found the bug in PParser, see Mantis #20791. Windows seems to be more
picky than other platforms, on attempts to open an file twice with
AssignFile (maybe different exclusive/shared access?)

This leads currently to memory leaks and exceptions, when an include
file in the BaseDirectory is opened twice. This second attempt fails and
Result (containing the first file reader) is set to Nil.

DoDi