[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Thu Aug 4 18:03:13 CEST 2011

On 04 Aug 2011, at 17:50, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> The changes I am referring to was discussed in private by a few
> developers, and I believe it was implemented about a year ago, so not
> really "last minute". It's new code that adds additional functionality
> to existing RTL classes, but will not affect any existing projects. We
> have done the exact same in tiOPF's base classes and it didn't break a
> single application or any of our 1600+ unit tests.

Then it might still get merged, e.g. for 2.6.2. The branching is about keeping stable things stable and about only adding things that are in a release-ready state. Just making or missing the branching deadline doesn't change that much.

> one consolation
> prize is that the "implements" language feature will now work
> correctly and can be used.

Note that "implements" is still not yet working 100%. These two tests still fail:
* http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/tests/test/timplements4a.pp?view=markup
* http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/trunk/tests/test/timplements4b.pp?view=markup

And I believe there are also still some open bug reports about it.

Jonas