[fpc-devel] Compiling fpc subversion on a AMD64 box with Win 7 64 bit OS

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Fri Oct 30 15:28:17 CET 2009

Jonas Hi,

> On 30 Oct 2009, at 14:36, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:
>
>> Also, in the binutils dir i have a ppc386.exe 2.2.4 compiler for
>> i386-win32.
>> open a cmd prompt with administrators rights and i add :
>> <RootPath>\fpc\source>set
>> path=C:\Users\dimitris\Documents\Programming\FreePascal\binutils\i386-win32;
>>

>> C:\Users\dimitris\Documents\Programming\FreePascal\fpc\source\utils\fpcm;%path%
>>
>> <RootPath>\fpc\source>
>>
>> Now can someone fill the blanks so i can have a native x86_64 compiler
>> a i386 cross compiler and a arm-wince cross compiler ?
>
> You cannot build an i386 cross-compiler on Win64, because the "extended"
> floating point type is not supported by FPC on Win64 (because the x87,
> which is required for it, has been deprecated by Microsoft on x86_64),
> and because the compiler does not yet internally emulate required
> floating point types not supported by the host platform. For an
> i386/Win32 compiler, you have to build/use a 32 bit compiler.

Ok, understood.

> * native x86_64 compiler (assuming your fpc.exe in the path is an x86_64
> version)
> * 'native' i386 compiler
> * ARM/wince cross-compiler

In the above case i will end up with two dir's in fpc\bin. One
i386-win32 and one x86_64-win64. How can i use that schema with Lazarus
and fpc.exe ? It's more user friendly to change the project compiler
options for different os/cpu compination than to have to do it in
lazarus options. At least i didn't read somewhere how to solve this.

At the moment i build a 'native' i386-win32 compiler and with it i cross
compile for x86_64 and arm-wince.

> For further information and in case things don't work immediately,
> please consult the build faq first:
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf

I already did. I even printed it.

PS: In case you missed it i had to add the path of the fpcm util cause
the build process required it but couldn't find it.

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis