[fpc-devel] ncurses example on arm linux uclibc

Nataraj S Narayan natarajsn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 16:01:35 CET 2009

Hi Jonas

This is the gist of a Freenode chat on #uclibc

<nataraj> /usr/br-git-rf/usr/lib/libc.a(sigrestorer.os):(.ARM.exidx+0x0):
undefined reference to `__aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1'
<nataraj> which lib is __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1, defined?
<nataraj> got this while trying to compile an app using freepascal arm
compiler built with arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi tool chain
<nataraj> jacmet,blindvt` ?
<gustavoz> nataraj: that's libgcc
<nataraj> http://pastebin.com/m4f18da1
<nataraj> gustavoz, means fpc  dint use uclibc?
<gustavoz> nataraj: libgcc != glibc/uclibc
<nataraj> sorry, got it wrong
<nataraj> ok, where does it leave me and fpc on uclib?
<gustavoz> did you build/include libgcc in br?
<nataraj> Build/install a shared libgcc? yep
<nataraj> BR2_GCC_SHARED_LIBGCC=y
<gustavoz> it's likely fpc is failing at linking runtime libraries
needed by the toolchain
<nataraj> i can run plain hello world pascal programs
<nataraj> using writeln('hello world');
<nataraj> so it is a problem of fpc not br?
<gustavoz> very likely
<gustavoz> you've got that symbol in libgcc so fpc is failing to link it in
<gustavoz> you may need a command line switch for fpc to open it, it's
been ages since i've used fpc so i don't recall
<gustavoz> you may be able to set things right in fpc.cfg too

Any help?

regards

Nataraj