[fpc-devel] fpdoc and fv

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Aug 23 15:21:46 CEST 2008

> > The latter is the easiest question: is classchart.ps still the source of the
> > pdf classchart ?
>
> Not currently.
> Someone else generates the pdf classchart from a OpenOffice spreadsheet.

And where is that one? Couldn't find it in svn.

> > If so, what do the modifiers "ready","untested" etc mean?
> > Maybe their meaning should be annotated in the source?
>
> They could, but it would be better to remove the alltogether.
>
> In general, the idea is to create the classchart from within
> fpdoc.

Yes, an abstract format. However you might get into problems with dividing
it up to nicely fill a page that way.

> The idea is to create an XML file that simply has the
> structure of the class tree:

Why XML? It is so human-unreadable, and more a machine format than an
editable one? I like the current ps format much more. OTOH the editor would
be a simple treeview mostly.

> Should be easy to do. then a tool can be used which converts this
> tree to PostScript or PDF or whatever...

See above.

> > The second is a bit harder,
> >
> > I tried to run makeskel over the fv/ directory to try to generate some
> > skeleton docs to have on the side, but it seems it fails on half of the
> > files (next to empty XML). I first thought it didn't support the TP object
> > model, but some classes are done.
> >
> > Before I start debugging, does sb know what that could be?
>
> Not without the failure message...

There was none. It just generated an empty xml for e.g. Views.