[fpc-devel] FPCUnit as a separate project from FPC?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 22 16:20:20 CEST 2007

On 5/22/07, Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
> > * As it stands now, FPCUnit is split between two repositories. The FPC
> > one and the Lazarus one. This make it really hard to submit updates.
> > The FPC one must be done first otherwise it breaks the Lazarus GUI
> > TestRunner (or Console TestRunner).
>
> This is not quite correct. The only part which should be in Lazarus
> is the GUI stuff. The console testrunner can perfectly be integrated
> in FPC. (as stated by Vincent)

I agree about the console testrunner. That should move to FPC.
My argument for submitting updates still hold.  What if I submit
something in FPCUnit (core) that would break the GUI TestRunner.  I
have to submit the FPCUnit core changes first. Wait till it's been
applied, then submit the Lazarus updates. While the Lazarus updates
have not been applied the GUI TestRunner is broken.  This would have
happened again a few weeks ago, but my patch still hasn't been applied
in either project. :-(

> The best that can be done is move the console runner to the FCL,
> and leave only the GUI part in Lazarus.

This must definitely be done!  I can live with the GUI Runner being
broken, but Console Runner not.

Please note:
  I'm just raising some questions Darius had.  I'm still happily
sitting on the fence.  :-)
I can see positive and negative things either way.

--
Graeme Geldenhuys

General error, hit any user to continue.