[fpc-devel]Insisting on IDE

Alejandro NĂ©stor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Sat Mar 24 00:40:54 CET 2001

El Vie 23 Mar 2001 20:20, escribiste:
> >> #/bin/sh
> >> xterm -fn vga -fb vga -rv -e /the/complete/path/to/you/fp -t `tty` $*
> >
> >It works fine, thank you!
>
>   You might get problems with some function keys,
> if you have, try to Use
>   "Options|Preferences|Learn keys"
> dialog.

The main problem may be the backspace key. It acts alwise like delete. When I
enters to lern keys function, it is assigned as delete when I press it
regardless where is the cursor.

> >without the options you given...
>
>   Try using "fp -F"
>
> this is the poor's man version
> of fp (no double lines, but it look more acceptable
> than letters as border !)

It don't worked also. Running fp -F from a pts (like inside mc or from
telnet) the line drawing characters are presented as letters ("x" for
vertical lines, "q" for horizontal lines, etc.). When running it (with -F)
from a virtual console (tty*) it runs normally, not with poor's man line
drawing.

I was trying some things. In console, when altGR key don't work. If I enters
the learn keys screen, I can place the cursor in any position (in exaplle
lerning F1) and press keys like "[" (that needs AltGR) and it works. Then, in
the editor, pressing "[" key (usint AltGr it acts as F1. It means fp is
reading these keys but ignoring it.

I tryed fr-latin1 and AltGR keys are also not working. Are ther anything that
I can do for helping you to debug the problem?

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
Departamento de Desarrollo