[fpc-devel]Insisting on IDE

Alejandro NĂ©stor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Fri Mar 23 23:33:01 CET 2001

El Vie 23 Mar 2001 19:19, escribiste:
> At 18:40 23/03/01 -0300, you wrote:
> >I'm insisting about IDE for linux. The only problem I found is that I
> > can't use the ALT+GR key (right alt) because (I supose) it was catched
> > for using with alt funcitons. In many international keyboards the right
> > alt key has a special meaning and is very important in programming, in
> > example for typing [,], {, etc, etc.
>
> The problem is that this completely depends on the way you use
> the IDE for Linux.
>   In console mode, I never had any problems with the AltGr keys,
> but if you run the IDE over telnet or ssh or inside X,
> then about all and everything can happen !

I am using the IDE on the console... But AltGr key does not work at all...

>   Under X the same kind of problems can appear,
> even if my local frnech keyboard does work pretty well in this respect.
> But this might also be a simple X configuration problem.

:) I never tryed the ide under X, but I just tested it now. The drawing
characters seen ugly but altGR key works fine! But I prefer to use the ide in
a console if it is possible...

>  As I stated above, no special handling is done for AltGr
> keys, as the do not result in escape sequences, but just
> in special chars.

I tryed also RHIDE and seen that it has problems with catching alt keys for
using it for special functions (it does not work at all). In fp IDE it works
right, but I don't know why altGR combinations does not work...

I am trying fp under linux console on Mandrake 7.2, kernel 2.2.17. Any
sugestions?

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
Departamento de Desarrollo