[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 12 13:37:02 CEST 2011

On 08/11/2011 09:58 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Umm.. I'm getting more and more interested in the Android platform.
> Maybe it's time I officially start working on a OpenGL backend for
> fpGUI. fpGUI would at least guarantee a small executable - at least
> compared to LCL.
Great !!!!!!

Of course fpGUI / LCL would be a nice and easy way to have an
application run on Android.

As you know I am working on a bare metal embedded ARM Linux system (no
Android installed). I did install GTK so maybe an application with GTK
Widget type could work, but for embedded stuff fpGUI makes more sense.

Right now I have a testing hardware with a processor that does not do
hardware rendering and the GUI (I just tested some standard "Desktop"s)
seem rather sluggish. In the end I supposedly will use a chip that has a
hardware rendering unit, thus using fpGUI with openGL support seem a
perfect choice.

Thanks for your work, (and let me know when I can of any help...)
-Michael