[fpc-other] [fpc-pascal] Google Code closing down

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Mar 15 21:49:41 CET 2015

On 15/03/2015 20:32, Martin Frb wrote:

>> I'm not talking about just installing it and not
>> doing anything with it - that's NOT using a product, so you can't review
>> it based on that.

I forget that in my reply:

That is what some people do (and what I pointed out): install, but not
really use.

I did *not* judge GIT on that.

I did judge your statement on it, that
> /As 99% of developers would tell you, Git is simply//  the better product./

1) How would those none users even judge that, what value would there
statement have.
2) Should they  really be told that GIT was best for them?

If they do not want/care to use all the features. If for example all
they want is an online backup, with access to all previous backups
(revisions): Should I tell them GIT is the best product for that task?

I am willing to believe that 99% of the developers you know / you have
asked say that (and even that, when they said it, it was correct in the
situation.)
But "the developers you know / you have asked" are not a random selected
group, they are not representative of *all* developers.

If you state the above, without clarification of what group of
developers, in oher word, if you refer to *all* developers then I disagree.

So I am convinced that:
- either a lesser percentage does say so
- they are giving bad advice (telling someone to use git, who would be
better off without)