[fpc-other] Use the IDE for FORTRAN

Arjan van Dijk Arjan.van.Dijk at rivm.nl
Wed Dec 17 15:44:44 CET 2008

Hi!

Some of my source-code is NOT in Pascal, but in Fortran.
I would really be very glad to develop my Fortran programs as effeciently
as my
Pascal-projects (on a Windows box).

Has anyone ever tried to modify the IDE that comes with FreePascal to
work as a Fortran workbench using e.g. the g95-compiler and GDB?
If nobody has tried this yet, can someone estimate how much effort
it would take to modify the IDE?
And where to start?

I suspect that Fortran will equally well collaborate with GDB.
Functionality of the present IDE is perfect for me:
syntax-highlighting editor, interfacing with the compiler, automatic
sorting
of the sources in order of dependence when building a project,
compile-error handling, interfacing with the debugger (step, breakpoint,
watch variable).

Or does anyone have a better suggestion for an IDE for developing
fortran-95 code on Windows machines?

Regards,

Arjan

Disclaimer RIVM