[fpc-other] Use the IDE for FORTRAN

Arjan van Dijk Arjan.van.Dijk at rivm.nl
Thu Dec 18 11:32:50 CET 2008

Hi!

I just saw that about a year ago I posted more or less the same question
to the FPC-community.

Sorry for that!

Still: the problem remains, so now that the message is out again,
maybe someone has a new insight?

Last year I tried SetEdit, but on a Windows-box it is not
really robust. Photran requires a lot of additional
installations and a mindset starting from Makefiles,
whereas my background in (Turbo/Free)Pascal
prefers to leave this type of business to the IDE:
press CTRL-F9 and all should run automatically!
Geany seems not much more than an editor and GPS
looks nice, but has no Fortran plugins yet and the
GPS community does not seem to have a strong
urge to accomplish it.

What else to do to develop Fortran code than
to continue adding and removing WRITE-statements?

Regards,

Arjan

Disclaimer RIVM