[fpc-devel] Testing MIPS: newbie questions

Pierre Free Pascal pierre at freepascal.org
Mon Oct 15 18:15:28 CEST 2012

  I have a small batch that I use for cross-compilation
from i386-win32 to mips(el)-linux.

E:\pas\trunk\fpcsrc\compiler>type  mipsel-cycle.bat
set CUR_FPC_VER=2.7.1
if "%1" == "cont" goto cont
make cycle OPT="-gl -al -n -O- -Ur -vw" OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=mipsel
ALLOW_WARNINGS=1
if errorlevel 1 goto error
pscp -load gccmips .\ppcmipsel gcc42.fsffrance.org:bin
copy ppcrossmipsel.exe \pas\fpc-%CUR_FPC_VER%\bin\i386-win32
make -C ../rtl install FPC=ppcrossmipsel.exe PREFIX=/pas/fpc-%CUR_FPC_VER%
cd utils
del gppc386
make FPC=/pas/trunk/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcrossmipsel OPT=-gl clean all gppc386
pscp -load gccmips .\gppc386 gcc42.fsffrance.org:bin/gppcmipsel
cd ..
goto end
:error
echo An error occurred
:end

This uploads a native mipsel compiler that
is usable (at least as long as you don't work with too recent GNU as/ld,

muller at gcc42:~/pas/test$ ppcmipsel hello.pp
Assembler messages:
Error: -march=mips2 is not compatible with the selected ABI
hello.pp(14,18) Error: Error while assembling exitcode 1
hello.pp(14,18) Fatal: There were 2 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
muller at gcc42:~/pas/test$ as --version
GNU assembler (GNU Binutils) 2.23.51.20121004

 So most of the problems described in
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems
should not be present anymore...

Pierre