[Pas2js] kind TStringsTableWidget demo code explanation plea

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 14 23:05:02 CEST 2020

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:

> I have deeply analysed TStringsTableWidget demo and I have no chance to find
> out, where resides excellent code. Which is being responsible for showing
> little table above long table with countryes and codes.
> I AM meaning table which shows
> RowCount
> CustomColumns

You mean the table at the right of the screen ?

This is the minimalistic object inspector: tpropertygridwidget.
It is far from finished. I have uncommitted changes to improve it, but this
is a work in progress.

> And The code which dynamically react on The changed number of RowCount.
> Because it was exactly my desire, have so dynamic process available.
> Does The code resides on some css template, inside html file or inside some
> Pascal source? I have browsed all demo files but I had no luck to find this
> magical code.

The unit is propertygridwidget.pp

> And if I would like to use The approach which is being used in
> TStringsTableWidget. Will I have big chance, that my table will be seen by
> sighted users even on various Android devices with various screen syzes?

It should, but I have not tried this. You can make the table responsive, but
you will need to add some classes for that, I would need to look in the
bootstrap documentation to see which ones.