[Pas2js] some thoughts about htmlwidgets

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Oct 10 19:21:26 CEST 2020

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:

> I think, that avoid errors with some screen syzes could be also overcomed by
> reconstructing GUI logic.
> For example. Instead of making 40 input boxes with A values, it would be
> possible to create combobox wihch would contain every question to answer. So
> I Am understanding The programmers reality well, even HTMLwidgets can be
> used by totally blind programmer without issues of screen syzes, if
> programmer will choose The right programmers approach when creating GUi by
> using HTMlwidgets.
> The similar could be right for Table. If I will not create too long tables
> with too long lines, it could be also a good approarch.

I added a TTagWidget. It has an enumerated which indicates the tag you want
to have. It has a 'TetxtContent' which will set the innertext of the tag.
Using this you should be able to create any tag you want, including tables,
rows, cells etc.

I added it to the widget demo, together with a more complete Audio/Video
html widget.

I updated the online demo at
https://www.freepascal.org/~michael/pas2js-demos/widgets/

I'm working on a table widget demo, that should follow tomorrow.