[Pas2js] Using pas2js with Lazarus IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Oct 4 21:42:29 CEST 2020

On Sun, 4 Oct 2020 10:50:39 +0000 (UTC)
Mr Bee via Pas2js <pas2js at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

> > You need to set it in Tools ⭢ Settings ⭢  Environment ⭢  Pas2JS ⭢
> > "Path of pas2js.exe"
>
> I know. It already contains "$MakeExe(IDE,pas2js)" value (without the
> double quotes, of course).

$MakeExe(IDE,pas2js) on Windows returns pas2js.exe without the quotes.
As this has no path, the IDe searches it using the environment variable
PATH.

https://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Macros_in_paths_and_filenames

> Also other input boxes are already had its
> values as well. I thought by installing pas2js package it will set it
> up automatically.

There is no default location for the pas2js compiler. You can unzip it
anywhere.
Maybe the pas2jsdsgn package can check and ask for the path when you
create a pas2js project.

> If I have to change it, what is the value I have to
> fill into it? Doesn't it within FPC's bin folder?

No. Here are the official downloads for pas2js:
https://wiki.freepascal.org/pas2js#Where_to_get_it

Mattias