[fpc-pascal] opening a serial port in a dll called from dot net fails

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Mar 9 16:24:49 CET 2024

I'm writing a dll that is used by a dot net application (32bits).

If I call SerOpen in the initialization section of the dll there is no
problem, but if I call it from one of the exported functions it gives me
an access denied (GetLastError gives me a 5), and I really need to call
it from a function (due to some quirks in the calling program which is
not under my control).

A search in the usual places tells me that in dot net opening a serial
port with CreateFile (which is what SerOpen does) is forbidden, that you
should use the SerialPort class (which I don't think I can do from my
dll written in freepascal).

Is there any way to solve my problem?

Bye
--