[fpc-pascal] What's in Hello World

Jean SUZINEAU jean.suzineau at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 8 15:17:08 CET 2024

Le 08/01/2024 à 13:51, Peter B via fpc-pascal a écrit :
>>    or if not, is there another way to
>> turn it on in the textmode IDE?
> No idea. Its easy enough if you compile from the command line.
> fpc -Os -XX hello.pas
>
> If stripping is not on by default, also use -Xs

I guess that in the textmode IDE you just have to go Options/Compiler
and in the bottom in "Additional compiler args"
you just have to add -Os -XX - Xs

-Os :  Optimize for size rather than speed
-Xs  :  Strip all symbols from executable
-XX : Try to smartlink units             (defines FPC_LINK_SMART)