[fpc-pascal] What's in Hello World

Peter B peter at pblackman.plus.com
Mon Jan 8 13:51:16 CET 2024

On 07/01/2024 16:07, James Richters via fpc-pascal wrote:
>> Try building with smartlinking, -XX
> I never knew there was an option for smartlinking.   I'm using the FPC text
> IDE, I see various options like
> Generate Smaller Code, and level 1, 2, and 3 optimizations, but I don't see
> anything specifically called smartlinking.
If you run fpc from the console, with no parameters or options, you
should see a
full set of options listed.

> Is it the same as Generate Smaller Code?
No. That is a compile option -Os
-XX is a link time option.

>    or if not, is there another way to
> turn it on in the textmode IDE?
No idea. Its easy enough if you compile from the command line.
fpc -Os -XX hello.pas

If stripping is not on by default, also use -Xs