[fpc-pascal] Program crash - read the error messages

Tomas Hajny XHajT03 at hajny.biz
Fri Sep 1 16:13:54 CEST 2023

On 2023-09-01 15:43, Rainer Stratmann via fpc-pascal wrote:

Hello,

> Where can I find the output of the error messages if a program crashes.
>
> There is another program that still is running.
> I want to read the error messages automatically if that is possible.

I'm afraid that we'd need a bit more information on what is your
situation and what you try to achieve. In particular:

1) What kind of an application is your program (console, GUI, ...),
under which operating system?

2) You mention that there is another program that is still running - do
you mean that the remaining program starts the crashing one and you
would like to check the results? If this is the case, how you start the
program (Dos.Exec, SysUtils.ExecuteProcess, Process.TProcess, ...)?

3) What do you mean if you say "crashes" - a run-time error? Or a GUI
message box stating that the program crashed? Or...?

Tomas