[fpc-pascal] Cannot build fpc on Raspberry Pi4B running PiOS 64 bit (aarch64 Linux)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 08:19:45 CET 2023

On Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:33:46 +0100, Tomas Hajny via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>On November 21, 2023 8:33:55 +0100, Bo Berglund via fpc-pascal <fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>>I did not know that there is a library of seed compilers available on
>>Sourceforge, I thought everything had moved over to GitLab nowadays, so where
>>exactly can I find a binary download for PiOS 64 bit on SF?
>>Where I have looked I only find old stuff like from 2021...
>>
>>https://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/3.2.2/
>>Here are tarballs that by the size seem to contain a lot of stuff apart from the
>>compiler itself.
>
>Yes, there are full official releases provided by the FPC team and used by many FPC users.

I tried downloading one of the ones on SF and it contains a maze of other tar
file with yet other tar files etc inside.

I failed to locate the actual compiler executable file anywhere, so I gave up on
that....

Instead I have put tgz files on my own website for each compiler I hhave
found/built to be used as seed compilers in the future.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden