[fpc-pascal] Forking the GitLab FPC Source repository

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Mon May 1 22:28:27 CEST 2023

Good Evening All.

Many thanks for all your replies. I have finally managed to form the GitLab repo. I have no idea what the problem was, but it occurred tonight on my first attempt, but my second attempt with the same settings, worked fine.

To answer your questions:

The error occurred when I clicked on the "Fork project" button, after filling in a name (FPC_Source)  and choosing my own namespace to fork into.

I was using the GitLab fork option, logged in using my account.

Anyway, problem resolved, but cause remains a mystery. The error message from GitLab was of little help, simply "An error occurred, please try again later", followed by the "Fork project" button being unavailable and showing a busy cursor when mouse over, and the " Cancel" button being unavailable too. I had to refresh the page to get control back, and start again.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Norm.