[fpc-pascal] Forking the GitLab FPC Source repository
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon May 1 21:07:53 CEST 2023
On 4/30/23 15:59, Michael Van Canneyt via fpc-pascal wrote:
> One possible reason is that the repo is simply too big: it has 26 years of
I can't imagine that being the reason. I just did a fresh clone, and it
was just over 200MB download, and the commit count on the main branch is
less than 70k.
> git rev-list --count main
I've seen repos way larger (megabytes) and with vastly more commits -
nearing 500k. There were no problems with those repos.
The number of branches will also not make much of a difference -
branching is cheap in Git.
I guess the question is more, how did the OP try to clone the repo?
- via Github web interface as a logged-in user
- directly to local PC, then the questions are:
- what is your internet download speed
- do you have a firewall interfering with traffic
- did you use the HTTP protocol or GIT+SSH protocol
- Can the OP post the exact clone command and error output
More information about the fpc-pascal