[fpc-pascal] Converting Delphi7 code to FreePascal with interfacing to protection key?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:38:43 CEST 2023

On Wed, 29 Mar 2023 19:27:12 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber via fpc-pascal
<fpc-pascal at lists.freepascal.org> wrote:

>	I'd expect trying to link a 32-bit object file into a 64-bit
>application to result in all sorts of possible errors.

That is not the case here, they have supplied two obj files, one is 32 and the
other 64 bit.
The problem seems to be that neither is a valid COFF file according to my Fpc
(or Lazarus) in any case. Both generate the COFF error when reaching the linker
step.

And in the case of the 32 bit version of the obj file I have set my Lazarus to
target a 32 bit Win application for the i386 processor (I have installed the 32
bit cross compiler found at SourceForge for this).
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2064%20bits/Lazarus%202.2.6/

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden